Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
karibug

Default variance %

I am trying to calculate the %variance between MTD actual and MTD
target. I can't seem to find it in my excel book or in the help
facility. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

--
karibug
karibug's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35425

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Mathews

You may need to invoke the Analysis ToolPak to get the "Var" statistical
function. Click on ToolsAdd-ins, then check the "Analysis ToolPak" item.
Close the Add-ins dialogue, click the "fx" function key to see all your Excel
functions, then find "Var" under "Statistical".

"karibug" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the %variance between MTD actual and MTD
target. I can't seem to find it in my excel book or in the help
facility. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

--
karibug
karibug's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35425
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551951

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
karibug

I have tried the var formula, but this doesn't seem to be giving me the
correct data. I want to find the % variance between the MTD actual
calls and the target calls so that I can see what percentage we are
away from the target. is this possible? thank you again!

--
karibug
karibug's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35425
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551951

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Mathews

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. It sounds like you're just looking for something
like:

(MTD Actual - MTD Target)/MTD Target

expressed as a percentage. So, for example, if you actually had 20 calls
and your target was 25, you were 20% short of target:

(20 - 25)/25 = -20%

Is that what you were after?

"karibug" wrote:

I have tried the var formula, but this doesn't seem to be giving me the
correct data. I want to find the % variance between the MTD actual
calls and the target calls so that I can see what percentage we are
away from the target. is this possible? thank you again!

--
karibug
karibug's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35425
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551951

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry W. Lewis

VAR and the other functions in the Statistical category are native worksheet
functions that do not require Analysis ToolPak.

Jerry