Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting a range loses formatted borders

Excel does not include borders when sorting, no matter what Excel version you use.
Also, conditionally formatted colors do not sort.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mick Jennings"
wrote in message
Hi all,
Recently started new job where the standard is Excel 2003 SP2.

I have a worksheet which is automatically populated and formatted from VBA,
based on data extracted from a directory-full of spreadsheets. All works ok,
except when I sort the resulting worksheet the borders don't move. Patterns
etc move fine, but the borders stay where they were, leaving an ugly mess.

Exactly the same happens whether the sort is triggered from code or from the
menus.
Anyone seen this before ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe an oversight; ...MS hears a different drummer. <g
My Special Sort add-in didn't overlook it.
Direct download at my website for the free 3 week trial.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA