Jacinthe

Default Lookup Function Error

I am trying to create a lookup function for a data set on Sheet 2 in my
workbook. The lookup function looks like this:

=lookup(b3,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$953,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$953)

All I am getting is a #N/A error message. What am I doing wrong? I have
even used the function button to use the "assistant" fill-ins (something I
rebel against) ... when I trace the error and check the comment, it tells me
there is no data in the cells, which is certainly not true.

Help!
JulieD

Hi

can't see anything wrong with the formula ... however, one thing to check,
is it possible that the entries in column A of sheet 2 contain leading or
trailing spaces (or the entry in B3)?

Cheers
JulieD

"Jacinthe" wrote in message
I am trying to create a lookup function for a data set on Sheet 2 in my
workbook. The lookup function looks like this:

=lookup(b3,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$953,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$953)

All I am getting is a #N/A error message. What am I doing wrong? I have
even used the function button to use the "assistant" fill-ins (something I
rebel against) ... when I trace the error and check the comment, it tells
me
there is no data in the cells, which is certainly not true.

Help!

TJCatte

I am a total Newbie to Excel and wanted to do what you were trying to do. I
came across your message and borrowed the code. IT WORKS! I have
copy-pasted the code to numerous cells changing only the worksheet names and
lines or columns! I am glad you asked the question! It saved me a lot of
stress! Good luckin working yours out!