Chuck Bierwirth

Default Function to convert feet and inchs into decimal equivalents

I have several thousand cells of infomation in feet and inchs I need to be
able to do calculations on which I think I can only do by converting them
into their decimal equivalents.

Does anyone know a function or some other way to convert these?
Frank Kabel

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Chuck Bierwirth" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I have several thousand cells of infomation in feet and inchs I need

to be
able to do calculations on which I think I can only do by converting

them
into their decimal equivalents.

Does anyone know a function or some other way to convert these?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:18:46 -0800, Chuck Bierwirth
wrote:

I have several thousand cells of infomation in feet and inchs I need to be
able to do calculations on which I think I can only do by converting them
into their decimal equivalents.

Does anyone know a function or some other way to convert these?

Exactly what is in the cells?

--ron