ebuzz13

Default how do i make a cell date sensitive to execute a formula or input.

How do I make a cell "date sensitive" to execute a formula or input a value
into a cell on a specific date? Excel 2000 is the version I'm using if that
makes any difference.
Otto Moehrbach

One way would be to use the Workbook_Open event macro. This macro fires
upon opening of the file. You can add code to that macro to take whatever
action(s) you want if today's date matches the date in some cell. Post back
with more details of what you want to happen, if this is what you want.
HTH Otto
"ebuzz13" wrote in message
How do I make a cell "date sensitive" to execute a formula or input a
value
into a cell on a specific date? Excel 2000 is the version I'm using if
that
makes any difference.

ebuzz13

Thanks for replying. What I'm trying to do is on a spreadsheet of rents and
loan payments due, on the first of the month I want "past due" total from
the previous month to appear show in a cell for the next month and for the
current month rent or payment due to appear in another cell. That way my
running totals for the year don't add figures that aren't actually due yet.
I hope this is clear enough. This is my first attempt at an Excel project,
so I'm fumbling my way through it. Thanks for your help!