Fieldmedic

Default Rounding numbers to the nearest 5 or 0

Hi,
I know this is a rookie question, but for some reason, I cannot seem to
wrap my mind around it. I'm attempting to round a number to the nearest 5 or
0. Here's an example.

If A1 = 40 (no rounding)
If A1 = 41 or 42 (round to 40)
If A1 = 43, 44, 46 or 47 (round to 45)
If A1 = 45 (no rounding)
If A1 = 48 or 49 (round to 50)

Perhaps, I've been staring at this too long! Thanks in advance to anyone who
provides the "swift kick" to the head!

Steve

Fieldmedic

That did it, thanks! I knew it had to be something simple that I was missing!
:)

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5