Cervantes

Default I need Excel to make "1" into "001"

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323

Anne Troy

Format--Cells, Number tab, Choose Customer and type 000 into the short box
at the right.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Cervantes" wrote
in message ...

I'm making a ranking list in excel and now i want all numbers to be
alligned when I copy them to a forum. In order to do that I need excel
to make every number 3 figures, so for instance 1 becomes 001 and 85
becomes 085. There must be a way to do this automatically in excel,
but how? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Cervantes

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

Cervantes

Thanks to the both of you for the quick replies :)

--
Cervantes
Cervantes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26323
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483188

Terry

I just change cell format to text it works, however when I sort them latter,
numerical data and text data they sory separately.

Will the way you guys provide can deal the problem of latter sorting?

Anne Troy

Yep. The value is the sort order, not the display.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com