Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dingy101

Default cell display sheet name

Is it possible to have a cell auto fill with the sheet name.

I want to use the sheet name in formulas across multiple sheets.

Thanks
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Here is a UDF that does that
Function mysheet()
mysheet = Application.ActiveSheet.Name
End Function

Open VB Editor with ALT+F11
In the project window (generally to left) select the worksheet - look for
VBAProject(YourFIleName)
Use Insert|Module
Copy or retype my function
In Excel enter =mysheet()