Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sort when using VLOOKUP

My sheet has a VLOOKUP set up to fill in name and Biller when client number
is entered. We use this to post checks daily with amount and invoice number.
I want to run a Macro to sort by Biller, Client number and invoice #. When
I created and ran it, it puts all blank rows first the rows with data. How
can I get it to run only on cells with data, based on values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This won't be easy. Where do you want Excel to put the blank rows?

Your choices a
1. Sort each area separately so the blank rows stay where they are.
2. Redesign your spreadsheet to eliminate the blank rows.

While option 2 may be more work initially, it will pay dividends down the
road. Leaving blank rows (and columns) is almost always bad spreadsheet
design. You're far better off to use Excel's formatting capabilities (row
height, etc.).

Regards,
Fred.