Dick Gwin

Default Golf Handicap

I have golf scores in columns b thru r that are entered weekly.
The league uses handicaping based on the last 5 scores, eliminating
the lowest score and the highest score, averaging the remaining 3 scores.
The league uses a rotation system so that a player may have his last
5 scores spread over 7 or 8 weeks (columns). I need a formula in column s
that
looks back thru the weeks & finds the last 5 scores for calculating the
handicap.
The following formula is only applicable if the last 5 are all together in
5 consecutive columns.
(SUM($C5:$G5)-MAX($C5:$G5)-MIN($C5:$G5))/3)-(36))

R Gwin

Michael

Hi Dick
I have been using the following to find the best (lowest) 6 scores out of a
range of golf scores.
It might help you get started.
Does your handicap allow for course ratings etc.

=SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+1)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNT IF(A6:S6,0)+2)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+3)+SMA LL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+4)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A 6:S6,0)+5)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+6)

hth
Michael

"Dick Gwin" wrote:

I have golf scores in columns b thru r that are entered weekly.
The league uses handicaping based on the last 5 scores, eliminating
the lowest score and the highest score, averaging the remaining 3 scores.
The league uses a rotation system so that a player may have his last
5 scores spread over 7 or 8 weeks (columns). I need a formula in column s
that
looks back thru the weeks & finds the last 5 scores for calculating the
handicap.
The following formula is only applicable if the last 5 are all together in
5 consecutive columns.
(SUM($C5:$G5)-MAX($C5:$G5)-MIN($C5:$G5))/3)-(36))

R Gwin

Biff

Hi!

Goto this page:

http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html

Scroll down to item 27. It's a free sample workbook that
will get you started in the right direction. If you
download the sample you'll see that what you want to do is
not so easy!

Biff

.