Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif with 2 condtion

Dear all,
I have my GL Code in Column A, payment date in Column B and amount in Colomn
C and my chart of account in columnt J. I also put a date on the top of my
sheet.
I want to us sumif function to find if the GL code and date is equal to my
favorite GL code and date then it should sum up my C column. Can any body
help me? Thanks in advance.
Daoud Fakhry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Daoud,

In general you need SUMIF for summing with one condition, SUMPRODUCT can be
used for summing with multiple conditions, e.g.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="xxx"),--(B1:B100=DATE(2006,11,5)),C1:C100)

This will sum column C where B contains the date 5th November 2006 and A
contains GL code xxx. Change ranges as necessary, you can't use whole columns.

Note: if GL code is numeric you don't need the quotes

"Daoud Fakhry" wrote:

Dear all,
I have my GL Code in Column A, payment date in Column B and amount in Colomn
C and my chart of account in columnt J. I also put a date on the top of my
sheet.
I want to us sumif function to find if the GL code and date is equal to my
favorite GL code and date then it should sum up my C column. Can any body
help me? Thanks in advance.
Daoud Fakhry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What if, I want the date to be dynamic. I mean if I use a dropdown list
for date? Something like

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="xxx"),--(B1:B100=DATE(D1)),C1:C100)

suppose I have the Dropdown list at D1. How I should write the formula?

Thanks,

Shail