Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xcgames

Default Square root with a remainder

::Hi all, I'm looking for a little help here with sqrt in excel.

I know that sqrt function returns a decimal as an answer, but I'm
looking for something slight different. Is there a way to make the
fucntion return an integer, with a remainder?

For example,
D = Q^2 + R
1 = 1 + 0
2 = 1 + 1
3 = 1 + 2
4 = 2 + 0

and so on

So let's say I give the function a 5, I'm expecting a 2 for Q and 1 for
remainder.::

--
xcgames
xcgames's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32842

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

If you have a number in A1 then in B1

=INT(SQRT(A1)) and in C1

=A1-(B1^2)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Sorry that should have been.....

If you have a number in A1 then in B1

=INT(SQRT(A1)) and in C1

=A1-(B1^2)

....if you want it all in one cell

=INT(SQRT(A1))&"+"&A1-INT(SQRT(A1))^2

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526348

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Try

=INT(SQRT(A1))&"+"&A1-(INT(SQRT(A1))^2)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"xcgames"
wrote in message

::Hi all, I'm looking for a little help here with sqrt in
excel.

I know that sqrt function returns a decimal as an answer, but
I'm
looking for something slight different. Is there a way to make
the
fucntion return an integer, with a remainder?

For example,
D = Q^2 + R
1 = 1 + 0
2 = 1 + 1
3 = 1 + 2
4 = 2 + 0

and so on

So let's say I give the function a 5, I'm expecting a 2 for Q
and 1 for
remainder.::

--
xcgames
xcgames's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xcgames

dude i love you man, for that fast reply :)

thank you veryyy verrry much!