smithers2002

Default Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire sheet/.

Excel 2003: Is it possible to carry out a find and replace within a selection
without having to constantly click 'find/replace next'? I constantly only
need to replace values with names in certain selections, not the whole
database. it will allow me to FIND all the ones in the section only, but when
I click 'replace all' it replaces the entire database. Very annoying!
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Strange! When I select a range containing several cell before invoking
Replace feature, and perform ReplaceAll, then all search values are replaced
IN SELECTED RANGE (Excel 2000)

Arvi Laanemets

..
"smithers2002" wrote in message
Excel 2003: Is it possible to carry out a find and replace within a

selection
without having to constantly click 'find/replace next'? I constantly only
need to replace values with names in certain selections, not the whole
database. it will allow me to FIND all the ones in the section only, but

when
I click 'replace all' it replaces the entire database. Very annoying!

Paul B

Arvi, works that way for me too in 2003
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

.
"smithers2002" wrote in message
Excel 2003: Is it possible to carry out a find and replace within a

selection
without having to constantly click 'find/replace next'? I constantly only
need to replace values with names in certain selections, not the whole
database. it will allow me to FIND all the ones in the section only, but

when
I click 'replace all' it replaces the entire database. Very annoying!

smithers2002

Hi, thanks for your responses- I tested this again in Excel- I wrote a list
of 1,2,3,4,5,6 in one part of a sheet, then copied this list to another part
of the sheet. I then selected the first list, did a find and replace (it only
found one of what i was looking for, which was correct), then clicked Replace
All and it replaced the other unselected list too!! Very Frustrating indeed!

"Paul B" wrote:

[...]

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

"smithers2002" wrote in message
Hi, thanks for your responses- I tested this again in Excel- I wrote a

list
of 1,2,3,4,5,6 in one part of a sheet, then copied this list to another

part
of the sheet. I then selected the first list, did a find and replace (it

only
found one of what i was looking for, which was correct), then clicked

Replace
All and it replaced the other unselected list too!!

And the range remained selected (blocked) during second search too? Or you
clicked somewhere on sheet meanwhile?

Arvi Laanemets

Very Frustrating indeed!