Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link Excel 2007 file to 2003 files

Can I link an Excel 2007 file to Excel files that are in the 2003 format? We
are having problems and I am wonder if it could be the 2 file formats. One
file is now corrupt. The user converted one to the 2007 format, but not all.

Any experience out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chrisp,
I have had no trouble linking to excel 2003, or excel 97 workbooks when I
converted files to excel 2007. However I had to re-establish links to
Lotus123 workbooks using copy - pasteLink which worked fine

"Chrisp" wrote:

Can I link an Excel 2007 file to Excel files that are in the 2003 format? We
are having problems and I am wonder if it could be the 2 file formats. One
file is now corrupt. The user converted one to the 2007 format, but not all.

Any experience out there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chrisp,
I have only just Purchased a copy of Office 2007. Most of my files are
Lotus.123, but some were and still are Excel 97, which I know are identical
to Excel 2003. Initially I had trouble getting my Excel 97 macros to run but
after making the folder where most of them reside a Macro enabled folder
there was no problems. The links between the Excel workbooks caused me no
concern. The Links with the Lotus.123 I think I had to re-esablish with the
usual copy then pasteLink.
Excel actually opens the Lotus.123 Workbook in the background. I will have
to write a macro to close it when I close the Excel workbook, I think but
sofar it hasn't caused me any problems.
Is that any help?