Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Langoose

Default "IF" Formula Query

I'm want to use an "IF" formula to compare the values in two cells and return
the following...

IF cell A is equal to cell B I want the formula cell to be yellow with a "Y"
in it
IF cell A is greater than cell B I want the formula cell to be green with a
"G" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by more than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be red with an "R" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by less than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be yellow with a "Y" in it

Hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

You have to do 2 things
1) use a formula with an if statement
=IF(A1=B1,"Y",IF(A1B1,"G",IF(A1<B1-1000,"R","Y")))

2) Format the cells

Format the cell colour as Yellow

Fomat_conditional formating
Cellvalue is equal to =”G” format green
Cellvalue is equal to =”R” format red
Celllvalue is equal to =”Y” format Yellow

But you are using yellow twice in your logic is this correct if so
=IF(A1B1,"G",IF(A1B1-1000,"Y","R"))

and use only the first 2 contional formating conditions

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

=IF(B-A<1000,"Y",IF(B-A=1000,"R","G")

FormatConditional Format
Condition 1: Cell value is equal to Y, click Format select Yellow
Click Add
Condition 2: Cell value is equal to G, click Format select Green
Click Add
Condition3 Cell value is equal to R, click Format select Red

Et voilà!

--
AP

"Langoose" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I'm want to use an "IF" formula to compare the values in two cells and
return
the following...

IF cell A is equal to cell B I want the formula cell to be yellow with a
"Y"
in it
IF cell A is greater than cell B I want the formula cell to be green with
"G" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by more than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be red with an "R" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by less than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be yellow with a "Y" in it

Hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Langoose" wrote in message
I'm want to use an "IF" formula to compare the values in two cells and
return
the following...

IF cell A is equal to cell B I want the formula cell to be yellow with a
"Y"
in it
IF cell A is greater than cell B I want the formula cell to be green with
"G" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by more than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be red with an "R" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by less than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be yellow with a "Y" in it

=IF(A1B1,"G",IF(A1<B1-1000,"R","Y"))
And then use conditional format, if cell value ="R" make the background red,
etc.
--
David Biddulph