Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default opening a excel sheet to find a blank black screen

ive lost some work....properties show the info is still there anyone any
ideas?thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried opening the file then saving in another format?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'www.thecodecage.com' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=26957

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I apologise for hijacking your post but I can't make a new post?
I can use the reply option but if I click new post new question it does
nothing.

Anyone have any idea, anyone had similar?

I am signed into live account.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mikey,

I've seen this problem before, but usually I close IE and reopen it and
reconnect to the Newsgroup site and things clear up.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Mikey" wrote:

I apologise for hijacking your post but I can't make a new post?
I can use the reply option but if I click new post new question it does
nothing.

Anyone have any idea, anyone had similar?

I am signed into live account.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

What version of Excel are you using? What is the file extension when you
try to open it - .XLS? Also, are you opening the file from inside Excel, or
from an email attachment, or by double-clicking in the Explorer window. Try
each and see if it makes a difference.

Sometimes this helps -
Tools, Options, General, uncheck Ignore other applications

In Excel 2007, go to the office button, choose excel options, under the
"advanced" tab, click "ignore other apps that use DDE".

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Johnx" wrote:

ive lost some work....properties show the info is still there anyone any
ideas?thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply, apologies again to original poster.
Found problem, thought |I would post for others.

Popup blocker, I noticed in task bar, strangley does not block reply popup
window but does block new post window.