Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William

Default How to generate sets of random numbers without having duplicates

I am trying to generate a set of random numbers. I have a set of 32 numbers
and I want to randomly select 40 groups that have three numbers between 1 and
32 without having duplicates within a group.

I tried using the rand between function, but one group had 2 numbers the
same, i.e. (7, 30, 7). I don't care if the different groups have numbers
that are the same or have the same three randomly selected numbers, I just
don't want one group having two numbers the same. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks