Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to use the ceiling function

What I am attempting to do is multiply each cell in D column by 6 and then
rounding up the answer to a multiple of either .25, .50, .75, or up to the
next whole dollar amount. But I want it to do it on each row. I am using the
excel template for inventory.and so far I got the =D1*6 but I don't know how
to use the ceiling function or to get it to do the same calculation for each
row. I'm sure this is pretty basic but I am just beginning to really use my
PC for more than a paper weight.
--
Thank You for all your help, Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Use column E as helper column.

Enter this formula in E1:

=CEILING(D1*6,0.25)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"Larry" wrote in message
What I am attempting to do is multiply each cell in D column by 6 and then
rounding up the answer to a multiple of either .25, .50, .75, or up to the
next whole dollar amount. But I want it to do it on each row. I am using
the
excel template for inventory.and so far I got the =D1*6 but I don't know
how
to use the ceiling function or to get it to do the same calculation for
each
row. I'm sure this is pretty basic but I am just beginning to really use
my
PC for more than a paper weight.
--
Thank You for all your help, Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Larry,

CEILING always rounds up. If you just want to round to the closest .25
(either up or down) us MROUND. Your formula should look something like
this:

=MROUND(D1*6,.25)

Keep in mind that MROUND is a funcion in the Analysis ToolPak add-in. You
will need to make sure that this add-in is loaded in order to use this
function.

Hope this helps,

Conan Kelly