Dan S.

Default Excel 2003 Word Wrap Problem within cell

When I have a cell with a lot of text in it, for instance a 10 line
paragraph, even with word wrapping turned on,Excel seems to cut off the
sentence and doesn't show all the text that should be displayed in the
cell. Anyone see this before? If I click on the cell I can see all
the text in the formula area at the top of Excel, but it's just not
being displayed correctly in the cell.

I have tried copying the text into a new cell, a new workbook, etc.
I have the text aligned to the top and to the left. I've also tried
changing it to all other settings and the same result.
I have formatted the cell to General, text, and other types with no
affect.
I've tried widening the cell and merging.
I've copied the text into notepad and back into a new cell/workbook.

If I use Alt-Enter to force some of the sentences to a new line within
the cell it helps, but some of the text still gets cut off.

FYI, I consider myself an advanced user of Excel, so I'm pretty sure
I've covered the basic formatting issues that could exist with no luck.

Jim Rech

Excel can only display about 1000 characters in a cell. If using Alt-Enter
doesn't help you might try putting your text in a Text Box (from the Drawing
toolbar).

--
Jim
oups.com...