Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with Converting an Excel doc to PDF

I have recently upgraded to SP2 of Office 2007 where the "save as" PDF option
is now included. OS system is XP Professional
Prior to this I was able to convert docs to PDF without any problems.
When I now convert a document to PDF , the images that I have inserted into
the documents no longer stay in the same place , "they seem to move around" .
When looking at the Print Preview of the doc, its is perfect , but when
looking at the result after saving as PDF or Publishing to PDF then the
images are not positioned correctly .

Any suggestions on how to sort out this problem / irritation
--
Stingray
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a known bug in sp2

There is no information when there will be a fix for this bug

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"FDA Operations" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded to SP2 of Office 2007 where the "save as" PDF option
is now included. OS system is XP Professional
Prior to this I was able to convert docs to PDF without any problems.
When I now convert a document to PDF , the images that I have inserted into
the documents no longer stay in the same place , "they seem to move around" .
When looking at the Print Preview of the doc, its is perfect , but when
looking at the result after saving as PDF or Publishing to PDF then the
images are not positioned correctly .

Any suggestions on how to sort out this problem / irritation
--
Stingray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm running Vista Home and have experienced exactly the same problem. Tried
all sorts of tweaks to resolve it, so it's not good news if it is down to the
recent SP2 upgrade.
Maybe best to ditch SP2 temporarily.
Regards
Bill
______________________

"FDA Operations" wrote:

I have recently upgraded to SP2 of Office 2007 where the "save as" PDF option
is now included. OS system is XP Professional
Prior to this I was able to convert docs to PDF without any problems.
When I now convert a document to PDF , the images that I have inserted into
the documents no longer stay in the same place , "they seem to move around" .
When looking at the Print Preview of the doc, its is perfect , but when
looking at the result after saving as PDF or Publishing to PDF then the
images are not positioned correctly .

Any suggestions on how to sort out this problem / irritation
--
Stingray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 10, 6:07*pm, FDA Operations
wrote:
I have recently upgraded to SP2 of Office 2007 where the "save as" PDF option
is now included. OS system is XP Professional
Prior to this I was able to convert docs to PDF without any problems.
When I now convert a document to PDF , the images that I have inserted into
the documents no longer stay in the same place , "they seem to move around" .
When looking at the Print Preview of the doc, its is perfect , but when
looking at the result after saving as PDF or Publishing to PDF then the
images are not positioned correctly .

Any suggestions on how to sort out this problem / irritation
--
Stingray

I have exactly the same problem and it happened only within the past
couple of weeks. Can anyone pls advise how to fix this problem! The
formatting is gone and words are cut off but perfect in preview etc.
No problem with Word or other programs only with excel!