cher

Default How do I find duplicate entries in Excel

I have a list of over 900 names coressponding to other data, but need to know
if there are duplicate names on the list. What should I do?
Earl Kiosterud

Cher,

Chip Pearson has some stuff on duplicates. www.cpearson.com.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"cher" wrote in message
I have a list of over 900 names coressponding to other data, but need to
know
if there are duplicate names on the list. What should I do?

bj

if it is in Column a you could add a new column B and enter in B1
=if(Countif(A:A,A1)1,"**","")
and copy down to the bottom of your list