Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aurora

Default Constant cell

I am using Excel 2000
I need to create an "if then type formula" that keeps 2 cells constant. I
want to use two cells within the formula over and over again as I copy the
formula many times. I thought I could format the cell reference like this --
$B$32. But that did not seem to work. I can not think of what this is
called to even look it up. Can anyone help me or at least point me in the
right direction for help. I also need to know if I can use two of these type
of cell references within one formula.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Creator

Hi, it's very simple. You merely give the cell a name and thereafter you
refer to the cell by it's name.

1. Name the cell
Select from the menu the following options;
Insert/ Name/ Define
(then give the cell or range a name);

2. Refer to it by name
When you need to insert the cell reference into a formula select from the
menu the following options
Insert/ Name/ Paste
(then select the name from the list);
or you can simply type in the name.

ps. it helps if the name you give describes the cell value, e.g. Cost, or
Amount_of_apples etc.

Good luck

--
Creator