Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SRG

Default Cannot use Data Analysis tools on Excel worksheet embedded in PwrP

When I cut and paste Excel Worksheet Object into PowerPoint, the object has
much, but not all the functionality of an Excel worksheet. I need to use the
Data Analysis tools and they don't work. (They are, of course, installed.)

I can double-click on the embedded Excel file and cut and paste into an
blank Excel and use the Data Analysis Tools but that's not as neat.

I use PowerPoint to teach Excel, and this behavior is hurting. The
computer(s) I used a year ago did not have this problem, by all of my Windows
XP/Office 2003 machines behave the same way.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

SRG wrote...
When I cut and paste Excel Worksheet Object into PowerPoint, the object has
much, but not all the functionality of an Excel worksheet. I need to use the
Data Analysis tools and they don't work. (They are, of course, installed.)

I can double-click on the embedded Excel file and cut and paste into an
blank Excel and use the Data Analysis Tools but that's not as neat.

I use PowerPoint to teach Excel, and this behavior is hurting. The
computer(s) I used a year ago did not have this problem, by all of my Windows
XP/Office 2003 machines behave the same way.

You can't bring up an embedded Excel object in PowerPoint when running
a slide show, so you mean you're using PowerPoint in compose/edit mode
to teach Excel?

Paste *LINKS* to Excel workbooks rather than embed Excel worksheet
objects in PowerPoint. When you edit a linked file, you get the full
Excel interface rather than the butchered OLE interface from within
PowerPoint.