Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default separating +ve and -ve numbers into two columns

I have a large column of numbers, some postive and some negative. I would
like to separate these into two columns, one for positive and one for
negative. Is there a quick way of doing this?
--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put something like this in B1
=if(a1<0,a1,"")
and in C1
=if(a1=0,A1,"")

and drag down.

I'm not sure how 0's should be treated, though

Prospect wrote:

I have a large column of numbers, some postive and some negative. I would
like to separate these into two columns, one for positive and one for
negative. Is there a quick way of doing this?
--
David

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David

You could use a formula approach eg in col B:

=If(A1<0,A1,"")

and col C:

=IF(A1=0,A1,"")

copied down. Then you'd have to copy and paste values.

Simple, but it works!

Richard