CCoop

Default Expanding conditional formating with reference cells changing

I need to extend the conditional formating from a range of three cells to the
whole document. The issue is that for each group of three cells, I need the
reference cell to change. Essentially, I have data in three cells changing to
blue or pink, depending on whether the value in one of the three cells is an
F or and M. I need the reference for each set of three cells to adjust
automatically, instead of manually entering the changes. I have a large table
to cover.

bj

I would do it using the offset command in the condititonal formating
for first cell With the f or m in it just set cell value equal to f or M
for example if column D would have the f or m
in the cell is to the right set the equation to be
=OFFSET(D2,0,-1)="f" for one condition and
=OFFSET(D2,0,-1)="m" for the second condition with appropriate formating.
for the cell just to the right of this change the offset to -2
if the cells are vertical change the equation to
=OFFSET(D2,-1,0)="f" etc.

Take care when you paste format to the rest of the sheet to keep the three
cell combos correct