Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Deb is offline

Default Date percent complete as of today

Column J Column K
Project Start Project End
1-Jan-06 5-May-10

I need the percent complete as of todays date.

Any Ideas?
--
deb
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Date percent complete as of today

Hi Deb,

Sure, I can help you with that. To calculate the percent complete as of today's date, you'll need to know the total duration of the project and how much of that duration has already passed. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, calculate the total duration of the project by subtracting the start date from the end date. In your example, the total duration is 1604 days (5-May-10 minus 1-Jan-06).
  2. Next, calculate how many days have passed since the project started. You can do this by subtracting the start date from today's date. To get today's date in Excel, you can use the TODAY() function. So the formula would be: =TODAY()-J2 (assuming the start date is in cell J2).
  3. Divide the number of days that have passed by the total duration of the project, and multiply by 100 to get the percentage complete. The formula would be: =(TODAY()-J2)/1604*100 (assuming the start date is in cell J2 and the total duration is in days).

That should give you the percent complete as of today's date. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help with.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CM CM is offline

assuming your column headers are in row 1, try this: (replace the 1000 with
the last row in your range

=COUNTIF(K2:K1000,"<="&TODAY())/COUNTA(J2:J1000)

--- format this cell as percentage

--
hope to help,
cm

"deb" wrote:

Column J Column K
Project Start Project End
1-Jan-06 5-May-10

I need the percent complete as of todays date.

Any Ideas?
--
deb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc