Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif text in individual cells

I have d2, e2 and f2 with text in them. The text is either 'Physical' or
'Remote'.

When they have 'Physical' in d2, and/or e2 and/or f2 I want a function in a1
that returns the number of cells with 'Physical', not including cell e2.

E.g.: Countif(d2:f2, "Physical") returns 3 if all three cells have Physical
in them, however i want it to return 2 and ignore cell e2..

I tried Countif(d2,f2 "Physical"), however Excel will not accept this.

How do I do this function?
--
Q3PD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=COUNTIF(D2,"Physical)+COUNTIF(F2,""Physical")

Hope this helps,

Gav.

"q3pd" wrote:

I have d2, e2 and f2 with text in them. The text is either 'Physical' or
'Remote'.

When they have 'Physical' in d2, and/or e2 and/or f2 I want a function in a1
that returns the number of cells with 'Physical', not including cell e2.

E.g.: Countif(d2:f2, "Physical") returns 3 if all three cells have Physical
in them, however i want it to return 2 and ignore cell e2..

I tried Countif(d2,f2 "Physical"), however Excel will not accept this.

How do I do this function?
--
Q3PD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Please re-state your requirement. Your formula of =Countif(d2:f2,
"Physical") , in fact does not work to meet your statement of " When they
have 'Physical' in d2, and/or e2 and/or f2 I want a function in a1 that
returns the number of cells with 'Physical', not including cell e2."

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"q3pd" wrote:

I have d2, e2 and f2 with text in them. The text is either 'Physical' or
'Remote'.

When they have 'Physical' in d2, and/or e2 and/or f2 I want a function in a1
that returns the number of cells with 'Physical', not including cell e2.

E.g.: Countif(d2:f2, "Physical") returns 3 if all three cells have Physical
in them, however i want it to return 2 and ignore cell e2..

I tried Countif(d2,f2 "Physical"), however Excel will not accept this.

How do I do this function?
--
Q3PD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Thank you..........Ok then to that criteria, Gav's formula should do it for

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"q3pd" wrote:

I want a function that when it sees the text 'Physical' in cell d2 and/or in
f2 it returns the numerical value of 1 (or 2 depending on how many it sees)
in cell a1 (where the function will go). If it sees any other text in d2
and/or f2 it returns 0 if 'Physical' is not in either.
--
Q3PD