Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting a cell to divide by 12

I have multiple cells with a value of X.
I want to divide X by 12.
Other than going thru and adding = and /12 to every cell, is there a way to
select all cells, and then format to /12?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is X the same in each of those cells, and you want to change that to X/
12 ? If so, then you could use Find & Replace.

Or, do you mean that you want all the values in those cells (which are
different) to be divided by 12? If so, you could put 12 in a blank
cell somewhere, and <copy that cell. Then highlight all the cells
that you want to change and right-click then Paste Special | Values
(check) | Divide (check) then OK and <Esc. Then you can delete the 12
from the original cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 28, 2:34*pm, Rich wrote:
I have multiple cells with a value of X.
I want to divide X by 12.
Other than going thru and adding = and /12 to every cell, is there a way to
select all cells, and then format to /12?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if you want the value to equal 1/12th of what it used to, simply put =12
in a spare cell, copy that cell, then select the other cells and use
Paste Special, and select Operation, Divide

Rich wrote:

I have multiple cells with a value of X.
I want to divide X by 12.
Other than going thru and adding = and /12 to every cell, is there a way to
select all cells, and then format to /12?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, Rich - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 28, 2:34 pm, Rich wrote:
I have multiple cells with a value of X.
I want to divide X by 12.
Other than going thru and adding = and /12 to every cell, is there a way to
select all cells, and then format to /12?- Hide quoted text -