Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jackie

Default Template question - can I replace the default "worksheet" template

Hi - I know how to place a book.xst template into the xlstart folder to
create a re-usable template, but I was wondering if it's possible to replace
the "worksheet" template that's always there?

Detail: I want to make sure I always use the company colour palette, so I
have a book.xlt template in "xlstart" that contains that palette (in Tools
Options color).

Excel correctly uses it by default when it starts up. Also, I can select it
from New ... Templates On my computer...so far so good.
BUT if I select File New... then choose "Blank workbook" from the taskbar
on the right, or "workbook" from the New dialogue box, then excel uses its
own default template, with the old colour palette.... is there any thing I
can do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Jackie

The Blank workbook that opens using File New...(note ellipsis)Blank Workbook
is not the BOOK.XLT you stored in the XLSTART folder.

I use the other FileNew command(the one without the ellipsis...) or the New
File button on the Toolbar. Either of those will give you your default
BOOK.XLT directly from your XLSTART folder.

If not on your File Menu, go to ToolsCustomizeCommandsFile and drag the
"New" command to the File Menu.

Check out the descriptions of the two "New" commands while you're there. You
will see the difference between the two.

Also check out this search thread............watch out for line-wrap.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6a5de5e0f9dc9f

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:51:03 -0700, Jackie
wrote:

Hi - I know how to place a book.xst template into the xlstart folder to
create a re-usable template, but I was wondering if it's possible to replace
the "worksheet" template that's always there?

Detail: I want to make sure I always use the company colour palette, so I
have a book.xlt template in "xlstart" that contains that palette (in Tools
Options color).

Excel correctly uses it by default when it starts up. Also, I can select it
from New ... Templates On my computer...so far so good.
BUT if I select File New... then choose "Blank workbook" from the taskbar
on the right, or "workbook" from the New dialogue box, then excel uses its
own default template, with the old colour palette.... is there any thing I
can do?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jackie

Default Template question - can I replace the default "worksheet" temp

Gord, thanks for this, this answers my question perfectly.