Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007: Suggestion on for a full screen page reference menu

Dear Sir,

I encountered some problems in working with a single file that has large
number of pages on it.

Your current worksheet design only allows up to 15 to 16 page names to be
displayed on the page name bar.

If the user need to work with say 30 to 40 pages whereby he need to link up
the formulas at different pages, it would be a tedious task to him.
He need to search for the pages by moving the page bar right or left.. This
is cumbersome and difficult to locate the correct pages at the shortest
possible time

In order to overcome this problem, I have a suggestion in mind to share with
you.

If a special button could be added to the page bar whereby at a single
click, all the active pages would be displayed on the other menu at full
screen. This screen may allows the user to sort the pages in alpha numeric
order or by dragging the pages to their desired positions. It may also allows
the user to set the font color of the page name. The current color scheme
only allows black and white fonts on toggle basis . With a wide selection of
font colors, it would make the pages look better and clearer in tandem with
its background color.

However, the most important function of this menu is to allow the user to
search and locate the pages quickly by looking at all the active files on
the full screen..Base on my estimation, a full screen maybe able to display
up to 200 page names depending on the length of the name.

The user can easily go to the file by clicking at it on this menu. This
would make maneuvering from pages to pages more swiftly. This is particularly
helpful for files that have large number of formula linking between different
pages. Take for instance the annual budget for a large corporation with
complicated costing methods.

I hope my suggestion is relevant for your product improvement in the near
future.

Please ignore my suggestion if the current software already have this
feature or there are some other methods to overcome this problem. except
working on a large number of linked files.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mr. Low,

Instead of left clicking on the arrows, try a right click.
That should solve your main issue.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007: Suggestion on for a full screen page reference men

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your advise.

It has solved all my problem.

Regards

Low Seng Kuang

--
A36B58K641

"MartinW" wrote:

Mr. Low,

Instead of left clicking on the arrows, try a right click.
That should solve your main issue.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Martin ,

I tried to move from pages to pages in a file that containe about 50 pages
today and have found it difficult and cumbersome to use the dialog box.

This is mainly due to maximum number of pages that can be shown on the
dialog box after a right click at the page bar is only 15. I need to click at
"More Sheets" and scroll down to get the other pages.

In view of this, I think my earlier suggestion is a good way of overcoming
this problem. If the page names could be shown in a full screen that consist
of seven coulmns with 20 page name at each column, it could easily show up to
140 pages in a single screen at just one click. This would make the office
work that deal with worksheet with high number of pages a lot earsier.

May I know if there are other better ideas from anyone to overcome this
problem ?

Kind Regards

Low

--
A36B58K641

"MartinW" wrote:

Mr. Low,

Instead of left clicking on the arrows, try a right click.
That should solve your main issue.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Dave Peterson has written code to produce a floating toolbar to navigate
through sheets.
You can find a downloadable copy of his code on Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html

--
Regards

Roger Govier