Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ginny@apl

Default Is there a formula to change number value to the written value?

I am creating a teplate in excel and need to write a formula that takes a
number in it's currency form and converts it to the written form...much like
what you would find on a check. How do I do this?

Ex. $1000.00 converts to One Thoudand Dollars and 00/100.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

NumbersToLongText.xls

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"Ginny@apl" wrote:

I am creating a teplate in excel and need to write a formula that takes a
number in it's currency form and converts it to the written form...much like
what you would find on a check. How do I do this?

Ex. $1000.00 converts to One Thoudand Dollars and 00/100.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Ginny, (and ....., and Mark)

I have trouble reading Mark's page with any browser and reloading did not
change colors (Firefox and Mozilla appear same, differs from both
Internet Explorer and Opera in color choices) rather than play with
the RGB decimal values, used CTRL+A to select everything so can
be seen while selected. I loaded up the spreadsheet indicated and it has subroutines
and not functions. Hardly usuable and in anything with numbers spelled
out in words you would want to see the original numbers as well.
(When four different browsers don't render a page readable and reloading
doesn't change anything -- I think the page is not a good example).

I would suggest any of the functions that you find
Numbers to words (as in check protection wording) (#numberstowords)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...numberstowords

---
HTH,

"Ginny@apl" wrote:

I am creating a teplate in excel and need to write a formula that takes a
number in it's currency form and converts it to the written form...much like
what you would find on a check. How do I do this?

Ex. $1000.00 converts to One Thoudand Dollars and 00/100.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

My site only supports Microsoft IE because 99% of people visiting my site
use IE. The reason he so stupidly "bagged" my site was because he uses
FIREFOX. For a
Microsoft MVP, (whatever that is) surely one would think he would use a
"Microsoft" browser.

I wonder if Microsoft or Bill Gates knows that he does not use IE?? Would he
still be able to use the Microsof Title??

Anyway, I only mentioned my TextToNumbers.xls as another means to your
request.

- -Mark