Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate Number of Months Weeks and Days Between Two Dates

Greetings:

Here's a problem that I've yet to figure out.

I'm trying to determine the number of months, weeks and days between
two dates to determine what the cost of a rented item will be, when the
vendor offers a discount for monthly rates over weekly rates over daily
rates. The standard pricing is always with the assumption that a month
is thirty (30) days, a week is seven (7) days, and a day is, well a
day...regardless of the actual calendar months they cover.

The desire is to have the answer divided in to three fields. For
instance, a rental for 39 days would ideally return the answer "1
month, 1 week, two days", in unique cells specific to each piece of
data.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out this link...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Greetings:

Here's a problem that I've yet to figure out.

I'm trying to determine the number of months, weeks and days between
two dates to determine what the cost of a rented item will be, when the
vendor offers a discount for monthly rates over weekly rates over daily
rates. The standard pricing is always with the assumption that a month
is thirty (30) days, a week is seven (7) days, and a day is, well a
day...regardless of the actual calendar months they cover.

The desire is to have the answer divided in to three fields. For
instance, a rental for 39 days would ideally return the answer "1
month, 1 week, two days", in unique cells specific to each piece of
data.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim, Ron. Thanks for your thoughtful and quick responses. Ron, your
solution works beautifully. I've been trying to get this right
forever!

Thanks again. Good guys, both of you.

~Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 21 Sep 2006 14:39:31 -0700, wrote:

Jim, Ron. Thanks for your thoughtful and quick responses. Ron, your
solution works beautifully. I've been trying to get this right
forever!

Thanks again. Good guys, both of you.

~Rip

Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.