Zack

Default Overtime Hours

I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i put 10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2 hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?
Peo Sjoblom

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Zack" wrote in message
I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i put
10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2
hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?

Zack

no i only have to columns look like this
January Week 1 Overtime
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total weekly hours 0.00 0.00

i need a formula that if i put a 10 in the reg hours it will become an 8 and
the other 2 hours will go in the overtime column

"Zack" wrote in message
I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i put
10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2
hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?

Peo Sjoblom

You are posting in functions and there is not function that will change 10
to 8, you need an event macro for this, see:

you could however use 3 cells instead of 2

assume you put 10 in C2, in D2 you can use

=MIN(8,C2)

for regular hours

then for OT in E2 use

=MAX(0,C2-8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Zack" wrote in message
I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i
put
10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2
hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marhanen

I am using the same exact format in my spreadsheet that Zack is. I have gone
to the link you have posted and my head is still swimming from the amount of
information that is there. I have no idea where to begin and the event seems
like it would be fairly simple. Any suggestions for an actual example of the
event?

Thanks - Mar

"Zack" wrote in message
I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i
put
10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2
hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I have just posted another similar example

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "B:B"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False