Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
furia

Default customize keyboard shortcuts

How do I Customize keyboard shortcuts under Excel?

Under Tools menu, Customize submenu, Commands option, there is no
"Keyboard..." button as there is for Microsoft Word:

Microsoft Excel for Mac also has this option:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...mKeyboards.xml

This limitation also exists on all other Office Products: (PowerPoint,
Outlook, Project, Access)!

Is it because only Word has the normal.dot template? But, what about Excel
for Mac?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patricia Shannon

In ThisWorkBook of Personal.xls

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
' Created by Patricia Shannon 4/5/2006
' Sets F3 to exit Excel

Application.OnKey "{F3}", "ExitThisPgm" ' run a macro
Application.OnKey "{F6}", "CloseOtherApplication" 'execute key strokes
In a regular module of Personal.xls

Public Sub ExitThisPgm()
' Created by Patricia Shannon 4/5/2006
' this runs a macro

Debug.Print "Sub ExitThisPgm"
Application.Quit

End Sub

Public Sub CloseOtherApplication()
' Created by Patricia Shannon 4/12/2006
' Go to most recent other application and close it

''Debug.Print "Sub CloseOtherApplication"
SendKeys "%{TAB}{F3}"

"furia" wrote:

How do I Customize keyboard shortcuts under Excel?

Under Tools menu, Customize submenu, Commands option, there is no
"Keyboard..." button as there is for Microsoft Word:

Microsoft Excel for Mac also has this option:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...mKeyboards.xml

This limitation also exists on all other Office Products: (PowerPoint,
Outlook, Project, Access)!

Is it because only Word has the normal.dot template? But, what about Excel
for Mac?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
furia

Thanks Patricia,
however I do not want to create marcos (or assign keyboard shourtcut to
existing macros), but, instead, I want to reassing keyboard shortcut to
existing Excel features (such as Save, Bold, Underline, etc.)!

The problem is that I'm used to English shortcuts and sometimes I have to
use Brazilian Office (not the multilanguage version), which has
unfortunatelly different shortcuts!
I could change all shortuct for Word, but not for Excel (or PowerPoint,
Outlook, Access, etc.)

Did you take a look at the links below?