Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
mlh mlh is offline

Default unshare workbook

I put together my first shared workbook. I want to do some formatting, but
when I unshare the workbook I get the message that other users changes will
not be saved even if I reshare the workbook. Does this mean that others can
never enter data in the workbook again if it is reshared? I don't quite
understand what this means. Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Shared workbooks means that multiple users can update the workbook at the same
time.

If you unshare the workbook, then anyone else with the workbook open (right when
you unshare the workbook) won't be able to save those changes.

So if you're the only one with the workbook open, you can unshare it, make your
changes, and reshare the workbook.

But if you're tracking changes, this log will be lost.

--

Dave Peterson