maxzsim

Default cannot open an xl97 file

Hi ,

below was what happened and the advice given but i still could not open
the file
kindly advise

=======================
Hi Dave ,

I have tried to save it in xl97 but the user still cannot open and the user
has forwarded the converted excel file in xl97 format to another user who
also cannot open

plus i have tried the excel /safe it also can't open

kindly advise
tks & rdgs

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Click to show or hide original message or reply text.

If you open it in xl2002 and then save it, can xl97 open it?

Does it open on any other pc that has xl97?

If that user starts excel in safe mode:

close excel
windows start button|Run
Excel /safe

then File|open the workbook

does it open?

maxzsim wrote:

Hi ,

My user is using Excel 97 and when she tries to open the file it says
Program Error but i can open the file at my own machine which i am using
Excel 2002

is there any way i can do to reolve this issue ? or do i need to re-install
Excel 97 for hewr but it seems to me that Excel program itself is ok

tks & rdgs

--

Dave Peterson