Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default counta if iserror

I want to count the errors in my text column.

To start I have the following, but I think I need to use the counta function
instead.

=COUNTIF(F5:F18,ISERROR(F5:F18))

I think I neeed to do a if(counta,,) as an array formula but not sure how to
do it.

Any help appreciated.

Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISERROR(F5:F18))

"Bruce" wrote:

I want to count the errors in my text column.

To start I have the following, but I think I need to use the counta function
instead.

=COUNTIF(F5:F18,ISERROR(F5:F18))

I think I neeed to do a if(counta,,) as an array formula but not sure how to
do it.

Any help appreciated.

Bruce

Iserror & VBA Ken G. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 1st 06 12:37 AM
ISERROR - #NAME? Mpaul Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 20th 06 11:27 PM
ISERROR Dee Excel Worksheet Functions 4 August 24th 05 07:37 PM
iserror Walshy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 19th 04 06:13 PM
COUNTA Function not working =COUNTA(C3:C69,"NH") MikeinNH Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 8th 04 02:19 AM