Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I fill one cell color with text html/rgb color from another

How do I take a long text list of html, #xxxxxx, or RGB 120,0,25 and fill an
adjacent column with the actual color for each. I know how to do them one at
a time. This is a LONG list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

check this out, from a very astute source:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

"thewris" wrote:

How do I take a long text list of html, #xxxxxx, or RGB 120,0,25 and fill an
adjacent column with the actual color for each. I know how to do them one at
a time. This is a LONG list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can copy and paste the html as TEXT and Excel will convert it
automatically. eg copy this:

and paste special as text. If this text is in a cell then you can convert it
by highlighting in the formula bar and pasting to another cell. With a large
HTML table
you could either copy and paste from a text editor (eg notepad) or copy and
paste using the office clipboard in Excel followed by paste special as text.