Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to find requested number

I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want to check how many times one specific number appears? Use:
CountIf(B2:F50,XX) where XX is the number you want to count.
If you want to check for all the numbers from 1 to 56, enter the following
formula into a cell in row 1 and drag that formula down to row 56.
CountIf($B$2:$F$50,Row())
HTH Otto
"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Your question is not clear. If you want to know how many times a number
between 1 and 56 shows up, you may use

=sumproduct((B2:F2=1)*(B2:F2<=56)).

The answer would be 2

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am posting winning lotto numbers
I've got 5 columns of numbers and 50 rows.
I'm wanting to find out how many times a certain number appears in those 5
columns and 50 rows.The number would be between 1 and 56
I hope i've made this a little easier to understand what I'm trying to do.
Thanks
--
Larry W

"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(A3:E50,1)

That will count how many times the number 1 appears in the range.

If you want to count how many matches you have against the winning
numbers...

Let's assume A1:E1 are the winning numbers.

A3:E50 are the numbers you played

Enter this formula in F3 and copy down to F50:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A3:E3,A$1:E$1,0))))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That is what I was looking for
Thank You T.Valko
--
Larry W

"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help
--
Larry W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Glockman" wrote in message
I want to find how many times a number 1 thru 56 shows up .
I have 5 columns of winning lotto numbers like below

Date col1 col2 col3 col4 col5

3/25/2009 2 5 24 51 52

Using Excel 2007
Thanks for any help