Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to make the bar stand in between the numbers on the axis

I wanna show there are 40 students got the grade between 70 and 90. I
want to have both 70 and 90 on my horizontal axis, and a bar
representing 40 students standing in between the numbers. How am I
able to do this? Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Min Xu wrote:
I wanna show there are 40 students got the grade between 70 and 90. I
want to have both 70 and 90 on my horizontal axis, and a bar
representing 40 students standing in between the numbers. How am I
able to do this? Thanks a lot.

One way would be to leave a blank category between 70 and 90, and place
the data next to it. Something like this:

No.Students
70
40
90

Now nothing will be plotted at the labels 70 or 90, but a bar
representing 40 students will appear between them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Using the following data you can create an Area chart, changing the axis to
Time series rather than category.
Also set the number format for the axis to General. Adjust the scale setting
so major step is 10 days.

Students
0 0
70 0