Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default char()

hi community

got the char() from community assist and I tried to create a running
alphabetically order from a - z, however, I tried to join a number with it...

=char(row()+96)&1

with the above, when I dragged down I will get ....

a1
b1
c1

what I wish to have be like

a1
b2
c3

how can I add the series number with the alphabet?

thanks community again for kind assistance

thanks
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=char(row()+96)&row()

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so near yet so far...:)...10s! Jarek kujawa.....much appreciated

thanks community as well

:)
--
oldLearner57

=char(row()+96)&row()

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

10s! chris for the so simple task yet so much difficult for me :)

much appreciated

thanks community as well

:)
--