Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find the date of the coming up Saturday given the current date.

I'm trying to figure out a formula that will return the date of the
coming up saturday given the current date. For instance if the
current date is 4/10/2007, I want the formula to return 4/14/2007
which is the next saturday. If the current date is 4/9/2007, I want
the formula to return 4/14/2007.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Something like this:
=A1+(6-Weekday(A12))

--

Rodrigo Ferreira

"Michael Ermino" escreveu na mensagem
oups.com...
I'm trying to figure out a formula that will return the date of the
coming up saturday given the current date. For instance if the
current date is 4/10/2007, I want the formula to return 4/14/2007
which is the next saturday. If the current date is 4/9/2007, I want
the formula to return 4/14/2007.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Naz Naz is offline

Hi

Assuming your date is in cell A1

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1)

Will give you the coming saturday

HTH :-)
--

_______________________
Naz,

"Michael Ermino" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula that will return the date of the
coming up saturday given the current date. For instance if the
current date is 4/10/2007, I want the formula to return 4/14/2007
which is the next saturday. If the current date is 4/9/2007, I want
the formula to return 4/14/2007.

thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 10 Apr 2007 16:29:34 -0700, "Michael Ermino" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula that will return the date of the
coming up saturday given the current date. For instance if the
current date is 4/10/2007, I want the formula to return 4/14/2007
which is the next saturday. If the current date is 4/9/2007, I want
the formula to return 4/14/2007.

thanks in advance.

It depends on what you want to do if the "current date" is a Saturday.

If you want to return the SAME day (4/14/2007 -- 4/14/2007)

then, as others have written:

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1)

However, if, as you write, you want to return the NEXT Saturday
(4/14/2007 -- 4/21/2007) then:

=A1+7-MOD(WEEKDAY(A1),7)
--ron