Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

I want excel to determine the 2nd and 3rd highest numbers from a list of
numbers. What function do I use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

check out large() in help

"ematboy" wrote:

I want excel to determine the 2nd and 3rd highest numbers from a list of
numbers. What function do I use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=LARGE($A$1:$A$100,ROW(A1))
will find the largest number in the range A1:A100
as you copy down, ROW(A1) will become ROW(A2). and find the 2nd largest
, then the 3rd largest etc.

--
Regards

Roger Govier