Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to I reset a forgotten Excel worksheet protection password?

We are using an Excel Workbook containing a password protected worksheet. No
one knows how, but the password to unprotect the worksheet was changed. Is
there anyway to unlock the worksheet, or to overiride the password?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to I reset a forgotten Excel worksheet protection password?

Yes, there are a few ways to reset a forgotten Excel worksheet protection password. Here are some steps you can follow:
  1. Use a VBA code: You can use a VBA code to unlock the worksheet. Here are the steps:
    • Open the workbook and press Alt + F11 to open the VBA editor.
    • Click on Insert Module and paste the following code:

      Formula:
      Sub PasswordBreaker()

      'Breaks worksheet password protection.
          Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
          Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
          Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
          Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
          On Error Resume Next
          For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
          For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
          For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
          For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
          ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
              Chr(l) & Chr(m) & i1 & i2 & i3 & i4 & i5 & i6 & Chr(n)
          If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
              MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
                  Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & i1 & i2 & i3 & i4 & i5 & i6 & Chr(n)
               Exit Sub
          End If
          Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
          Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
      End Sub
    • Press F5 to run the code. It will take some time to run, but it will eventually find the password.
  2. Use an online password recovery tool: You can use an online password recovery tool to unlock the worksheet. Here are the steps:
  3. Use a third-party softwa You can use a third-party software, such as PassFab for Excel, to unlock the worksheet. Here are the steps:
    • Download and install PassFab for Excel.
    • Open the software and click on "Add" to import the password-protected Excel file.
    • Choose the attack type and click on "Start" to recover the password.
    • Once the password is recovered, you can use it to unlock the worksheet.

I hope these steps help you reset the forgotten Excel worksheet protection password.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look here
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tomprochaska" wrote in message
We are using an Excel Workbook containing a password protected worksheet.
No
one knows how, but the password to unprotect the worksheet was changed. Is
there anyway to unlock the worksheet, or to overiride the password?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are several ways to tweak or unlock MS Excel File ,I think the most
simple and quick way is use a Excel Password Recovery, <a
href="http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/excelpasswordrecovery.html"Excel
Password Recovery 5.0 </acan be used to decrypt the protected excel files.
its compatible with Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista, and it supports to
recover password of all versions through 2007.
If you want to know more details, please visit it

"tomprochaska" wrote:

We are using an Excel Workbook containing a password protected worksheet. No
one knows how, but the password to unprotect the worksheet was changed. Is
there anyway to unlock the worksheet, or to overiride the password?

Banned

Online password removal services are currently the most effective. Used one of them (it was called www.password-find.com ) to unlock my Excel 2010 file, and it removed my password instantaneously! I was really impressed how fast it was.

Banned

Smile

Take this link: http://www.excelpasswordremover.org and recover excel file with password now...
Junior Member

Smile

Hi,
resolve my lost recover forgot excel workbook protection password without any problem with this tool- http://www.excelpasswordrecoverysoftware.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomprochaska View Post
We are using an Excel Workbook containing a password protected worksheet. No
one knows how, but the password to unprotect the worksheet was changed. Is
there anyway to unlock the worksheet, or to overiride the password?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysam View Post
Take this link: http://www.excelpasswordremover.org and recover excel file with password now...

Hey now it is possible that you can crack Excel 2007 password using powerful office password recovery tool. Few days back I was facing the same kind o password lost situation with my Ms Word file. Then one of my friend recommend to use Office password recovery. I use that and recovers forgotten password and access my files.
Junior Member

Lightbulb

I have some success with this free trick:
http://www.top-password.com/blog/how...010-worksheet/

It’s a Excel Add-In that is able to remove and unprotect the Excel workbooks and worksheets password. It can remove passwords of any length, also passwords containing special characters.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Better Excel Password Recovery software is wonderful utility for removing protection password excel worksheet as well as quickly unlock xlsx sheet without any issue. See mo- http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stella...-recovery.html

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka bob View Post
I have some success with this free trick:
http://www.iseepassword.com/recover-...-password.html

It’s a Excel Add-In that is able to remove and unprotect the Excel workbooks and worksheets password. It can remove passwords of any length, also passwords containing special characters.
Sometimes Microsoft Excel files creators restrict their files from others copying, editing, or printing by using password protection features of Excel files. However if you forgot the Excel password or receive a password protected xls workbook from others, how can you bypass those restrictions?

Okay, here I’ll offer you some suggestions to crack the locked Microsoft Excel files. Everyone who thinks this is illegal, and then you can go shopping instead.
Junior Member

The excel password recovery tool is only capable of recovering simple passwords. Please be noted. it just brutes force the password.

Last edited by Flametucan : July 19th 16 at 08:30 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushirous View Post
Sometimes Microsoft Excel files creators restrict their files from others copying, editing, or printing by using password protection features of Excel files. However if you forgot the Excel password or receive a password protected xls workbook from others, how can you bypass those restrictions?

Okay, here I’ll offer you some suggestions to crack the locked Microsoft Excel files. Everyone who thinks this is illegal, and then you can go shopping instead.
This problem can be solved in 20 minutes if follow this guide: https://www.iseepassword.com/unprote...-password.html

Last edited by Kanskcom : November 30th 18 at 10:17 AM
Junior Member

If you forgot excel password, you can use a Password Recovery Bundle to recover excel document password, Password Recovery Bundle is an all-in-one password reset software can help you recover up to 70 file types of password including excel, word, rar, zip and mo https://www.winpasskey.com/bundle/