Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
george edgar

Default easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?

I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with
movie times for his 10 theatres.
My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row
and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and
maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and
columns.
Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well.

I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets
are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long
to do by hand.
Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?

thank you in advance for any help.

--
george edgar

george edgar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34396
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541759

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
via135

hi!

sort on any one of the Column..
goto the last row where your data ends...
select the remaining rows & delete them....
now save the workbook using SHIFT+F12.!

-via135

george edgar Wrote:
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with
movie times for his 10 theatres.
My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row
and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and
maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and
columns.
Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well.

I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets
are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long
to do by hand.
Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?

thank you in advance for any help.

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541759

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
george edgar

great... what about the 100's of rows that are "in between" the other
rows of useful content? On the spreadsheet they are barely visible,
but, once converted to html, you can see there are 60-100 lines in
between some of the rows.

thanks