Junior Member

Default How to extract Data from a excel spreadsheet to another excel spreadsheet?

Hi everyone.

Banter's the name, Banter's the game. But even a fully registered Banter Merchant like myself needs to buckle down and get the work done.

Here is the particular quandary I am facing.

1)I have set up a spreadsheet that stores and analyses certain data.

2)Every month I receive data reports in the form of an excel spreadsheet, which I use to manually update my original data store/analysis tool.

3) What I'm looking for is for a way for the excel spreadsheet to automatically extract the data from these data reports into my data store/analysis tool without having to do anything. No manual entering or even ideally not even having to each month run the extraction.

4) In my wildest (and most raunchy) dreams I am envisioning a way of solving this problem whereby I can simply save the data reports in an appropriate folder each month and by some excel magic my original data store will extract the data automatically with nothing else needed from my end. So It will essentially be filling itself with the relevant data by its self.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on this one?

Many Thanks in advance,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try the before close event in the ThisWorkbook module.

Option Explicit

' all my code to do the stuff you want
End Sub

Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try the before close event in the ThisWorkbook module.

Option Explicit

' all my code to do the stuff you want
End Sub

Howard

Absolutely does not comply with list item #4!<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc