Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to make a shewhart chart

working on a QA,QC project for a start up lab and I need some pointers on
stats, as well as how to construct these specific types of charts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I had to google to find out what a Shewhart Chart is. OK now I know.
I've used them before just didn't know what they were called. <g

Jon Peltier shows you 2 techniques here on how to add horizontal lines.

And here he explains how to add Standard Deviation and Mean lines.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

Jon uses a line chart in his example, however, I prefer to use an XY
scatter.
What you use depends on what you are analysing and also personal preference.

HTH
Martin

" wrote in
message ...
working on a QA,QC project for a start up lab and I need some pointers on
stats, as well as how to construct these specific types of charts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , "MartinW" wrote:
Hi,

I had to google to find out what a Shewhart Chart is. OK now I know.
I've used them before just didn't know what they were called. <g

Jon Peltier shows you 2 techniques here on how to add horizontal lines.

And here he explains how to add Standard Deviation and Mean lines.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

Jon uses a line chart in his example, however, I prefer to use an XY
scatter.
What you use depends on what you are analysing and also personal preference.

Also, if you want to see uneven x values (eg numbers of days) then XY
scatter is your only choice. All the other chart types even out the
intervals ... a serious trap for the unwary IMO ... or has this been fixed
in xl 2007 ?

" wrote in
message ...
working on a QA,QC project for a start up lab and I need some pointers on
stats, as well as how to construct these specific types of charts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the dates are in a format Excel recognizes, then you can choose the
Time-Scale subtype of the Category type axis, and you will get axis spacing
proportional to the passage of days. This has been available at least since
Excel 97. Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions