Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Year to date totals

Hello,

I need to calculate figures from one spreadsheet and incoporate them into
another in order to calculate year-to-date totals.

For example,

I have a Monthly Total column in my spreadsheet (let's say for January).
When February rolls along, I need to take that total and add it to the
February total in order to get a year-to-date total. How do I do that?
Unfortunately, the spreadsheets are quite large, so fitting all of the months
into one sheet is not possible (otherwise, I would simply use a SUM formula).

Spreadsheet 1 Spreadsheet 2 Year to
date (what I need)
1 5
6
2 4
6
3 3
6
4 2
6
5 1
6

I need to add Spreadsheet 1 with Spreadsheet 2 with the total appearing in
Spreadsheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the worksheet where you want the total to show, select the cell you want
the total in and type =SUM(

Then press <CTRL + PgDn as many times as necessary to get to the next cell
you want to add to the total. When the correct sheet is activated, click the
next cell to add to your SUM and type a comma. Repeat this step until all
cells are accounted for.

Close the parenthesis and press ENTER.
--
Kevin Backmann