kalz

Default Vlookup between two workbooks

Dear all,

I find trouble while trying to do vlookup in Wkbook A, from a row in Wkbook
B. In the table array, it returns #Value! . I'm unsure if this function
allows cross wkbook utilisation. Or is there other possible solutions please?
Thankyou!

Vikrant Vaidya

Hi
there absloutely no problem using vlookup across workbooks. But the naming
is a bit different.
Eg. you have 2 workbooks "book1.xls" and "book2.xls"
you want to access a datarange sheet1!$a$1:$c$35 from book1.xls by a vlookup
function in book2.xls. Then in book2.xls got to insertnamesdefine
There in 'Refer to..' selsct the datarange from book1.xls or type
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$a$1:$c$35

This should do the trick. Also confirm the formatting of the list and source
value cells is the same. This sometimes causes such errors.

vicky