Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alec H

Default After a date entry is made, only displaying the Day

Hi,

I am stuck on a simple (I think) problem.

In my worksheet a column of data contains dates (in dd/mm/yyyy time
format). I have used vlookup to pull this data accross to another
worksheet in the book, however I only want the second sheet to display
the day (ie Wednesday). How do I format the cell to do this...

Any help welcomed

--
Alec H
Alec H's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31042

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

use custom format

dddd

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Format Custom, "dddd"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Alec H" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I am stuck on a simple (I think) problem.

In my worksheet a column of data contains dates (in dd/mm/yyyy time
format). I have used vlookup to pull this data accross to another
worksheet in the book, however I only want the second sheet to display
the day (ie Wednesday). How do I format the cell to do this...

Any help welcomed

--
Alec H
Alec H's Profile: